Only the most dedicated students may participate in our Company program. This hand selected group of young dancers ranks among the best in the country! This group competes at both regional and national levels and is offered many performance opportunities throughout each season. The Company dancers have been featured in Dance Magazine, Dance Spirit Magazine, have appeared on television, in films, at movie premiers, in official Broadway productions, in a variety of world-class dance companies, and are consistently accepted into the world's top universities and dance programs. The level, diversity, and frequency of training these dancers experience gives them the edge they’ll need to succeed as professional dancers. The Company program has been named one of the nation's top dance programs, consistently producing well-rounded professional quality dancers and artists.
THE COMPANY'S PURPOSE
As one of the nation’s top preprofessional dance training programs, the Company component is a perfect compliment to the intensive technical and artistic training we offer on a weekly basis. Fundamentally, the performance opportunities we curate for the dancers gives them the chance to put their technical and artistic skills to the test. Though we're extremely competitive, successful, and relevant in the competition space, at Sweatshop our true focus isn’t on winning, it's on the journey - the path to performance teaches our dancers invaluable skills and life lessons. By simply working together to bring a singular vision to life, dancers are encouraged to embrace and engage with one another in a way that helps them truly appreciate and recognize that every contributing individual brings their own strengths to the table. Our goal is to encourage honesty, humility, integrity, self-awareness, accountability, acceptance, and to build self-esteem; invaluable traits that last a lifetime and help set our students up for success, no matter which path they ultimately choose to travel.
"teamwork makes the dream work!"
WHY JOIN OUR COMPANY?
- 99% of our students, both company and non-company, are enrolled in our full program (all fully committed)
- Monday through Friday are dedicated training days: each genre is pure, rehearsal NEVER takes the place of class time
- Our training program IS the most comprehensive in Colorado - truly preprofessional level training in nearly ALL genres
- All of Sweatshop's incredible faculty have been, or are, professional dancers - who better to help your dancers achieve their dreams than those who are living their own?
- Bi-seasonal (Fall and Spring) ballet exams, including written evaluations, are offered to all dancers
- College? Absolutely! 95% (and 100% of those whom apply) of our total alumni have been/are attending Top 10 college dance programs...and a good number of the remaining 5% are enjoying early dance careers or have used their dance experience to supplement their applications to Ivy League schools.
- With few exceptions, our company choreography is done entirely in house. Not only do we love to draw from our incredible local talent, having the choreographers in the studio with the dancers in every rehearsal is invaluable time spent learning and practicing the mastery of each genre they're performing. What's more, in the studio and on stage, the dancers are able to fully appreciate how their day-to-day training directly applies to their performance. We are so proud to be able to compete and place (even win!) at the national level with choreography designed and cultivated right here at Sweatshop!
- Sweatshop's 21,000 square foot urban-setting facility, complete with sprung-floor systems throughout, provides the dancers with both the space and professional environment they need to become brilliant movement artists. Dancers need a nice big space to explore their fullest potential in a safety-conscious way. Not only does our slow and thoughtful training program keep the dancers strong and injury-free, our facility contributes greatly to our lack of injured dancers - even when they are working to and beyond their full physical potential.
- So much more!
DOWNLOAD OUR OFFICIAL 2022/23 INFORMATIONAL DOCUMENT: